Get active for climate protection with the app aachen.move. The city of Aachen is the newest member among the Climate Coin municipalities. We at Changers are happy that the Climate Coin community continues to grow.
Now the nearly 250,000 residents* of Aachen have the opportunity to be active for climate protection. They can download aachen.move from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and be active for a better climate in the city. Anyone who leaves their car behind and walks more, rides a bike or takes the bus or train will receive a climate coin for every 5 kilograms of CO2 saved. The app’s aachen.move marketplace offers rewards for the climate coins collected – from cycling accessories to coffee and cake to free admission to the thermal spa. As you can see, it’s worth collecting climate coins. Not just for the rewards, of course, but above all to get active for climate protection.
Achen move key facts
- Release of the aachen.move app in only 7 weeks of setup.
- 11,287,214 kilometers of recorded travel in the first 12 weeks.
- Already over 60 climate partners such as retailers, municipal institutions and cultural institutions accepting climate tokens for discounts.
- 504,484 kg CO2 savings already in the first 12 weeks through use of green mobility.
- 11,459 Aachen citizens participating after 12 weeks.
- Aachen.move in August in first place with 169,289 kilograms of CO2 savings in the Germany-wide climate city ranking. After almost two years of unchallenged leadership, Münster is now in a distant second place and must make sure that Bielefeld’s BIE a Hero does not challenge them for second place.
- Aachen.move achieved CO2 savings of 270,497 kg in September.
You can find more about aachen.move here:
Press commentary on aachen.move